Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Where do I buy the backlight coil?

I need to replace the backlight coil on my 3GS but I have no clue where I can buy it?

Has anyone replaced one before that could give me some tips?

take a look on youtube, it's a bit hard to describe (and long winded) hopefully will get round to putting it in the guide one day!

Thank you for accepting my answer and wishing you all the best with your device....:-)

I believe that you will require a 6R8 Coil for your iphone. the part number for Digikey.com is 445-3226-1-ND Good Luck with the soldering...;-)

This is the part that you are trying to repair.Possible, but does need some practice. Like pollytintop mentioned, if you are not sure you want to do it, there are plenty of "experts" out there who will do it for you.

they are for sale on ebay for about $5, some sites also offer a guide/link on how to do the repair, you can also find links on doing a wire "jump" instead (at least 2 that I've seen on youtube) but I don't think this is the best option. If you think the soldering is beyond you and your tools there are plenty of people who advertise on ebay to do this repair quite cheaply.

Jared will be eternally grateful.