0

Steve
59

MacBook Pro not starting up, no response after manual power...

Any suggestions on what I can do next to verify whether this is a dead logic board issue? The charger turns green when plugged in (no battery), however no response from the keyboard and when shorting the power button, no response there either. What can I check next, just want to verify if this is a dead logic board or possibly something else? No evidence of liquid damage either.

Did you short the top case power button contacts or the two power contacts on the logic board ?

lemerise,

I shorted the power button on the actual logic board, no response (the two separated connectors that have a box around them that says "power" seemed like a good place to try!). I just pulled the logic board and it looks flawless all the way around, reinstalled it and got everything hooked up, and to no surprise, same thing, no response. The screen and bezel are cracked on this computer as well,but pretty sure that has no effect (i normally stick with A1181's, this pro is new to me). Not sure where to go next.

Steve,

DC in board ?

lemerise,

3

mayer
MacHale Enterprises

Use a multimeter and test the output of the MagSafe board: MacBook Pro 15" (Model A1260) Left I/O: MacBook Pro 15" (Model A1260) Left I/O Board

MacBook Pro 15" (Model A1260) Left I/O Board

Includes MagSafe power, USB, and audio ports — 9 available at 119.95 each.

Edited by: mayer ( )

Im an idiot, like I said this is the first Pro ive worked on, and I was trying to use a 60w charger to boot it up. Clearly that is not going to work. Will borrow an 85w and go from there, with an update!

Steve,

With a charged battery, it will boot from the 60w.

mayer,

Yep, boot from an 85W adapter and it should set it right. I have seen 15" MacBook Pro's not boot from 60W or 65W adapters even with fully charged batteries. I am not sure why that happens.

Matt Barnes,

and works fine, just as i hoped. need a new screen and basically a whole top assembly, but it works! thanks guys

Steve,

Glad to be able to help.

mayer,