The 8th generation (E110) of Toyota's best-selling compact car.

How do I install cabin air filter in 2002 corolla?

I bought a cabin filter to install in my corolla. I was able to partly remove the glove box door so it hangs down and out of the way. I cannot see where the filter goes and Im afraid to start unscrewing things beacause the area is quite close to the passenger air bag. Where exactly does it go and do I have to unbolt or unscrew anything to get at it ? I am at my wits end trying to figure this out. Thanks, Joe

Hi Frank, thanks for your response. I read your answer and watched the video but the video did not look like my car. I took my vehicle to a garage yesterday. The mechanic could not figure out where to put the filter so looked it up on his store computer. The Corolla LE, which mine is, does not use a cabin air filter for that year. The other models do, but mine doesnt, so mystery solved. Thanks for your help though. Joe

the corolla CE does not have a cabin air filter either

Most Helpful Answer

Joe,

There should only be one screw to remove. The filter box has tabs, not screws.

Have a look at this video and it's done right in front of you.

Good luck,

Frank

+ fair video, great titles

josephcook will be eternally grateful.