0

Shirley
1

My Kindle is charged, but will not turn "on"?

My Kindle is charged, but will not turn "on"? It suddenly stopped working. The green light luminating the "on" switch doesn't come on and the Kindle doesn't respond which I slide this "on" switch.

Edited by: Andrew Optimus Goldberg ( )

1

andyslaughing
13

If holding the switch for an extended time does not work, take a deep breath and resist the urge to fling your Kindle against the wall. Then find a safe place where the unit will not be touched and leave it for 3-4 days. You may need to wait for as much as a week. Once the battery has lost some or all of its charge, try plugging it in to recharge again. No promises, but when my screen froze this worked. The idea came from my daughter, who has similar issues with her iPod from time to time.

Good luck!

i was having trouble thanks i did what u said its working thanks

andmadera,

1

jjp9999
13

There's a good guide on how to fix this here: http://techzwn.com/2011/04/kindle-wont-s...

0

shelbyal
13

although my Kindle is charged, it seems not to turn on when I slide the on switch to the right.

Suggest you slide and HOLD the switch to the right for 15 or 20 seconds. You should get a green light which may turn on then off during that 20-30 seconds. Mine starts to work normally after that and the screen starts up with "Mark Twain's" image or others.

Hope that helps. Al

0

Sergi Diaz
1

Hi my "kindle 3" was with the same problem.

Problem:

after normally battery charge it does not start any more, no video, no led green. Switching on the green led blinking 2 times before go off automatically.

Solution:

holding sw "on/off" for aprox. 20 secs the kindle start normally.

Many thanks,

0

rab777hp

Reboot your kindle, to do so, you need to hold the power switch for about 30 seconds, but it will show you when it's time, it'll say that it's rebooting and there will be a progress bar, as when you first set it up.

0

dAvId
1

I have the same problem with my Kindle 3 (alias Kindle keyboard) and I had tried to hold the power switch button for 20 to 30 seconds but it did not work! Bummer!

It sounded like I have to power-cycle the device. I guess I have to open it up, test the power-switch, then power-cycle the device if the switch is good.

There is a guide that shows how you can open up this kindle on this site.

held my on/off switch for 30secs....yipee it's working again....thank you.

loo,

0

Marcos Amaya
1

how open my kindle for rewelding thew conector of power

0

Lacey
1

I have the same problem...

0

Lacey
1

I am getting really frustrated with my Kindle 3 also, it wont even show the screen!!!

0

Viv
1

Thank you so much! !! I held it for thirty seconds, its back :-) Whew, thought I lost everthing on my Kindle Light, which i just purchased! !!!

0

hannah
1

that has happened to me and the light wont even turn on when i slide and release and it is frozen on a screen saver of anna christine with a whole bunch of black and white shapes covering part of it up.

one way to fix it is to hold the alt shift and the r key at the same time for 3 sec

another way is to open it and take out the battery

the last way is to charge it again or hold the button for 30 seconds even with no light

im so sorry about you kindle and i hope this helps

0

jim
1

I have gone through all of the solutions above with my Kindle model D00901. Resetting with the button and draining the battery did not work, but guess what did. Hold down the "Alt" button and the "R" simultaneously for a few seconds. Instant reboot with all files reloaded properly. Thanks so much for that little tip as I was about to go bonkers. This item is essential for my education.

0

Madeline
1

Thanks for the help. My kindle 3G was not turning on and holding the power button for thirty seconds worked.

0

Bill S
1

Wife dropped it on the carpet. Wouldn't start after recharging. I held the on/ off button down for the 20 - 30 seconds and it did restart. It has to reboot but just leave

alone for a minute or two.

0

jelly bean
1

i dont know what do my kindle wont work i tried and tried its not dead and i charged it all day and it still wont work what do i do it wont even come on