Model A1136 / 30, 60, or 80 GB hard drive / black or white plastic front

Battery replacement connector lost

Need a new battery connector to connect the battery ribbon to the logic bd. Part #?? Where to purchase?

Yes the white connector that connects the ribbon to the pins of the logic bd.

Sorry todd, that connector is soldered onto the logic board and really not easy to replace. Unless of course you do know how to solder SMD onto the logic board. you could try places like mouser.com or digikey.com If you really want to fix it, use my email address to contact me and I send you a couple of my old logic boards with the connector still attached.

Update of my answer. Here is the picture from todd's ipod and it does show that the connector is off. As I mentioned before, if you want to fix the board, I will send you a couple of my old ones for the connectors. Otherwise, you should be replacing the logic board. good Luck.

+ very generous offer

Reduce, Reuse, recycle :-)

I am talking about the white header or connector that you open up to remove the flex circuit of the battery line from. Sorry for the confusion.

Just to clarify, your speaking of the little plastic piece that slides up and down that locks the ribbon in place AND NOT the entire battery connector assembly that is soldered to the board. Is this accurate?

Okay I just checked all my old logic boards. On those, the white connector is soldered to the board and the clip is actually brown. So if it is the brown clip (hold the cable in the connector) you can try and replace it from an old logic board.It's a little tough to do and definitely get some sort of magnifyer. If it is the white connector that is totally of the logic board, see my answer...:-)

todd will be eternally grateful.