Vertical green lines on tv screen

I have Samsung ue46f6670

Led tv the screen has an inch wide green pixel strip running vertical down the lefthand side about 8 inches in from the edge is there any way of fixing this

Green vertical lines appear on my tv after it being on for maybe around 5-10 minutes.

Apple Watch Kits

Screen and battery repairs just got easier.

Apple Watch Kits

Most Helpful Answer

Unplug all cables except the power cable, turn it on and see if you still have the green line.

If without any image input, the line is there, you have a faulty LEDTV.

If it goes away, it's the cable/connector.

Report back with your findings.

Done that and the lines are still there

Then it's on the monitor hardware for sure.

I can quickly think of 3 things.

- The flat cable from the circuitry to the monitor itself,

- Electronic controller

- LED Display itself

Depending on your warranty status, it's going to be hard repairing it. If it's the flatcable or the controller, those can be switched, but to be honest, hardly worth the trouble unless the warranty is void and you have time to spend.

Good luck!

What’s better, or more affordable, fix the TV display, or buy a new one ?!

It depends on where the issue is. If the LED display is bad then you're better off getting a new one because those panels are almost impossible to find outside of another TV. You might be able to find a salvage model from Samsung which might have what you need to fix it but you would be playing the lottery there.

The electronic controller is something you may be able to find online for purchase, but it probably won't be cheap.

If it's the cable that's a cheap fix but that's rarely the issue. If you can find a cable then you could try that first but I doubt any of the other cases are worth the cost of fixing.

Change the cable ribbon found at the back of Tv. It will solve the problem. buy from EBAY used to get cheap price. Just make sure it is compatible to your TV model and parts No. Example Samsung HDTV 60” part no. M1432

I have same issue on my 43 inch SONY 720e TV, can you help me out ?

It’s not your TV, it’s the FETV broadcast. I have this problem intermittently and only with Black&White programs. I thought it was my TV too but I have a brand new Sony 65” X950G and still have the problem. Plus if it was your TV all channels would have the same problem. FETV does not offer digital service yet so standard broadcast tends to have problems on modern TVs

Cam will be eternally grateful.