A smaller version of GM's rebirth of the Hummer.

Noise in my diver side door.

After a collision my driver side door makes a noise that sounds like Styrofoam rubbing ageist something. The body shop at the dealership says that there is nothing inside the door that would cause that kind of sound and there is nothing that they can do. Does anyone know what if could be and how it could be fixed?

Most Helpful Answer

Not sure what it could be, maybe some kind of insulation or a wire got knocked loose in the accident. Anyway, here's a tutorial I found to remove the mirror but you can stop at the point where the door panel is taken off - you should be able to look inside the hollow door with the panel off to see if anything is obviously wrong.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showp...

Its probably the door skin on the inside their are clips that hold the door to the metal and there is a thick plastic sheet that is wedged in between remember the door might be just a lil different alignment and might also be rubbing on the dash when closed there should not be much of any thing in the way in the door to rub but it also could be the speaker it is held in by clips remember the dealership has to fixit they have already been paid by your insurance it they do not wish to do any thing else call corporate they arenormally very helpful

James will be eternally grateful.