Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

iPhone 7 rear camera and flash not working

iPhone 7 rear camera not working (it shows up black) and the flash/flashlight isn't working, anyone know of a fix?

(it's possible that the iPhone 7 was dropped)

The flash will not work if the rear camera has failed.

So the first thing to do is to try a known-good rear camera. That would solve both problems at the same time. If the replacement camera doesn't work, than you likely have an issue on the logic board. this would require a micro-soldering repair.

Check for a Micro tear in the Flex connector, I have had issues with erratic charging, No touch ID, Bootloop (Recovery mode) & overheating caused by a Microscopic tear in the flex.. I have just temporarily removed the flex connector & all of the issues above have dissappeared.. I now have no rear flash & I presume no rear camera until my replacement flex arrives

One thing that could cause this is if the phone is too hot. Leave it for a while to cool down, and if that does not help, then try Minho’s answer

Jonathan Jaeger will be eternally grateful.