Repair guides and support for wired or wireless devices that provide internet connectivity.

Amped Wireless R10000 randomly drops internet connection via wifi

I bought this router a little over a year ago, and now it randomly loses all internet connection via wifi for anywhere between 5 seconds to 2 minutes at a time (the signal itself does not drop) wired connections are not affected. My current internet speed is 100 mbps down/10 up. Router is at this link: https://www.ampedwireless.com/r10000.htm... and it looks like this:

The same thing happened with my old Netgear WNDR3400v3 (which lasted 4 months before i trashed it), I looked at my router admin page and saw duplicates of devices both which the same mac address and name, minus the duplicates there are 16 devices on the entire network, half of them are on the router itself while the other half are on a netgear extender [Model WN3000RPv3] (the router detects the devices on the extender). Is this system that quickly became horribly complicated and ineffective in my house cause this router to stop working properly?

update on the mac address mystery: my phone was listed on the devices page twice and was not connected at all

Is there a firmware update available for it?

no there hasn't been a firmware update available for it since 2012, even though i bought it in 2017

You may find sometimes your router keeps disconnecting the internet because of its frequent disconnection The issue is usually caused by one of the three things – the old driver for your wireless card, the outdated firmware version on your router (basically the driver for the router), or settings on your router.

One of the most annoying instances is that you may often find your ib=nternet connected, disconnected or lagging.No one likes it when they open a web page and it’s not responsive. However the good thing is you can understand what the issues are and with the aid of a few easy tips and tricks, you can solve them on your own. Read on to find out the tips and tricks.

Check your modem –Most of the internet connections use the modem to relay the signal. There should be lights on the modem that show whether anything is connected and transmitted correctly. The easiest way to remedy a problem with a modem is to reset it.

Consider Hardware Problems –If none of the above measures work to fix your communication issues, you may have a defective router or modem. Most ISPs will allow you to trade in defective equipment for work equipment at no extra charge.

Are you wondering why your internet keeps dropping?

The following could be a few reasons why the internet keeps dropping-

Wifi keeps disconnecting issue

Router issues

Cable or hardware faults

Too much wireless interference

Yeah I don't have this router anymore. The most recent firmware update on the page before it was deleted was from 2012. Which effectively closes this case.

Evan Elm will be eternally grateful.