My mi5 get submerged in rain water and now doesn' turn on.
My xiaomi mi5 got water damaged. As the battery wasn't removable i couldn't turn the phone off or shut it down. at the time i picked the phone up from water the screen was black but the little led light was blinking randomly just like a short circuit led and the phone was quite hot.
after a few minute that light also went off and never came back. I disassembled every parts and dried thoroughly, i saw some burnt mark on main board as well and now after re assembling the phone doesn't boot up or doesn't charge.
i know this is a silly question though. what could be the possible reason. is my main board damaged. is there possibility of the display getting damaged by water? how to check?
the most silly thing is that when i took the phone to service center they quoted me RS.26000 which is Rs.10000 more than the original price i paid when i bought the phone 1 and a half years ago.
Is this a good question?