Repair guides and support for your LG TV.

TV won’t turn on

There was a severe thunderstorm in my area a few days ago and my LG Smart tv turned off and won’t turn back on. The red light at the bottom just blinks when I try to power it back on. I’ve unplugged everything from the tv including the cable cord and power and let it sit overnight then only plugged the power cord back in and it still won’t turn back on the red light blinks non stop. Is scheduling a repair appointment best at this stage?

Thank you - that was my thought too so I wanted to make sure - appreciate the information!

LG 65UH5500 UA, manufactured in May 2016, purchased in Jan 2017. NOW IT WONT TURN ON ANY MORE. Red blinking LED.

Is it possible that power capacitors are blown? Is it possible to replace them? I had similar issue with a Samsung, after replacing a set of capacitors, it worked.

The red led will blink 3 times and then nothing.

Hi Shri,

If the power shut off at your house, it is possible that there was a power spike and it may have fried the power supply on your TV. I would schedule an appointment with a maintenance person or check your manual for information regarding the blinking red light.

Best of Luck,

Drew.

You need to count the red light blinks then do a google search. The number of flashes will give you an idea of the problem.

It blinks non stop when the power cord is plugged in. The blinking doesn't go away nor does the tv turn back on.

'''++@shri1++'''

if you want to fix this yourself, you will have to give us a model number. Since you already attempted a reset it by keeping it unplugged, you want to go ahead and remove the back from your TV. The constant blinking is usually indicative of a bad power board. Take a look at all of your boards and in particular the power board. Depending on your model there may be a few different fuses on the board. Check those for continuity and if they do check out as good, get a multimeter and check for power on your board. Post a couple of good pictures with your question so that we can see what you see. Use this guide Adding images to an existing question for that. That way we can possibly assist you with further troubleshooting. If you do not want to fix it then proceed with the accepted answer of course.

Shri Parsons will be eternally grateful.