Model A1046 or A1095 / 1280x854 screen resolution

Can I exchange female power

Power isn't reaching the computer. The female port is a little loose (This model a1046 doesn't come with the magnet on the power plug). I also have a broken m6497 Ibook with a similar power port. Is it possible to switch these. I'd love to get the Powerbook (a1046) running again.

That procedure is not possible because of the physical differences in the DC-in boards themselves. Although they both operate off the same AC-adapter, the internal circuitry and cabling will in no-way match between these two computers. Sorry :(

It looks like Brady is correct. The PowerBook DC & Sound Cards are much different than the iBook G3 12" DC-In Board.

According to iFixit's part finding wizard, here's the part you need for your A1046:

http://www.ifixit.com/PowerBook-Parts/G4...

Yes I've done this, be sure that you remove the battery before working on it, and secure the board with the right size screw.

Good Luck,

N.

Score -4

Just to clarify, you put a PowerBook G4 15" Dc-In Board into a 12" iBook G3? I didn't think the DC-In Boards were cross compatible between those two laptops.

This is definitely NOT possible. The DC-ins of these machines are completely different.

No! - OP said "Ibook with a similar power port." I said I'd done that.

There seems to be a lack of clarity as to what comments were made by whom and it what order.

N.

goyo carrillo will be eternally grateful.