Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

Can I dissconnect the battery with out turning off phone

Dropped my phone, display is cracked and LCD is non responsive but phone still seems to be in good working condition. I am ready to replace the screen but can not turn off the phone. Is it possible to replace the screen with out disconnecting battery and or can i disconnect the battery while phone is still turned on with out causing any damage?

you can disconnect the battery when the phone is on

You can disconnect the battery from the phone as long as it is booted, and plugged in.

You can hot swap the display itself but do not hot swap the Touch ID button - it will not work again. If you press and hold the lock and home button at the same time you can force the phone off, however it is fine to just disconnect the battery.

Robert Arce will be eternally grateful.