Parts & Tools

I couldn't fit the earpiece speaker bracket gasket back

I couldn't fit the earpiece speaker bracket gasket back around the metallic piece it sort of wraps around. I guess my replacement screen had some part a bit bigger than the original and the gasket runs short and I couldn't reach the screw hole. I wonder if there is some way around. I left it loose. Everything seems to work fine but guides insist on paying attention not to break that gasket so I guess it must be there for some reason.

Do you mean this thing (Step 23)?

I suspect the Apple engineers put that there to ensure some kind of proper alignment between the bracket and the cover on the screen flex. You don't need it and I have rarely been able to put it back the same way it was originally.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Homero will be eternally grateful.