A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, also known as PS4. First announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

After cleaning PS4, PS4 still does produce loud sound and turns off

Hi i would got a problem. After cleaning my ps4, it still produce loud sounds and turns off by itself. I just open the backcover and remove the power supply. Using air duster to clean. Can anyone help me?

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

Overheating on PS4's is pretty much never caused by bad thermal paste. You need to remove the motherboard and the bottom metal plate. That's where the heat sink is located. With it removed from the console you can clean both sides of it (you can only get to one side of it with the power supply removed). You'll probably find the side of the heat sink near the fan is covered with dust & debris. Give it a good cleaning and clean the fan while you're in there. When you put it back together apply new thermal paste to the APU. (Any time you remove the motherboard you should apply new thermal paste).

Hope this helps.

This! When reading up on cleaning the PS4 fan, nearly everybody neglects to mention the heatsink. In my experience, this is equally important - if not more so - than cleaning the fan.

Does it go loud fan noise straight away when the PS4 turns on then shuts off?

Or does this happen after a while when playing games then fan ramps up then shuts off?

Usually what needs to be done is the PS4 needs to be cleaned of dust like you said and the thermal paste reapplied because it's common for PS4s to have bad thermal paste application from factory.

We've seen it many times when customers bring their PS4 in for the same issue at our repair shop.

Yes. It happens during turning on of the PS4 then it turns off by itself. The loud sound seems like progressing. From no sound slowly gradually to very loud and finally it turns off.

I agree, you should try reapplying thermal paste on the CPU of the PS4. Make sure to use good ones!

Cleaned my ps4 and it's still overheating

James Renato will be eternally grateful.