How do I turn off my iPod nano model A1285/ 8gb?

I know this is silly, but how do I turn it off? Apparently I keep locking it, then I find the battery drained. Is it on when the orange is showing around button on top, or off, or just locked? I guess we lost the manual in the move.

This question was migrated from http://meta.ifixit.com/.

by iRobot

Most Helpful Answer

Misha, you really can not turn the off in the conventional way. It does not have an on/off switch. The lock button just locks it from using the buttons/wheel for any input. Orange means its locked. You can put it in standby by pressing down on the play/pause button for a few seconds and the iPod will turn off, meaning it's on standby. To turn it back on you press the play/pause button for a few seconds and it will turn back on. To turn it off completely you need to press down on the center button, then the menu button and it will turn off. Here is the user user guide Good Luck and let us know how it is going.

how to open screen lock

what screen lock are we talking about? which iPod? Give us more detail so we can try to help.

by oldturkey03

Hi

I have an apple ipod 8gig Nano.

It refuses to come on, but it does come on when I connect it with my computer or a docking station.

Kindly help me and tell me how do you switch it on if you just want to listen to music with your earphones.

I did hold down the ok button for a minute and still no progress.

Regards

Zunaid

yes I do tun on my ipod nano a1285

Misha will be eternally grateful.