Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

ATT vs Verizon iPhone batteries

I was just reading the iphone 4 Verizon tear down, and while most things are not only compared, they are also listed as interchangeable, or not interchangeable (the vast majority being the latter). One thing was missing. While the new Verizon battery was shown to have a new model number (and it was also mentioned that the new battery weighted slightly less), there was no mention of whether or not the two batteries were interchangeable...i.e. could you put a Verizon battery into an ATT iphone?

Of course, this leads to my second question (and I'm sorry if this one has been answered already)...are these batteries available through a third party (including ifixit?)

Thanks very much...love the site

Todd

Good job in answering your own question :-) just convert your comment to an answer and accept it so we know that is has been resolved. Good luck and great job.

I'd like to just answer my own question...I watched the video teardown on the youtube channel, and MJ does answer my question ("the connector is not interchangeable") Sorry for the mix-up.

toddmadsen will be eternally grateful.