iPhone 4

Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Touchscreen not working after screen replacement?

After screen replacement my touchscreen isn't working any more! Anyone any tips or tricks on that one? Screen is working fine!

Most Helpful Answer

I agree with Scott's answer above, but I'll bet it's the flex cable that has torn.

I found it quite challenging to thread both the display and digitizer ribbons through the slot in the phone body and attach the screen panel to the body as well. Only after I had the screen seated (on the fresh double-sided adhesive) and the retaining screws tightened, I discovered that the flex-cable of the digitizer didn't allow its connector to reach its corresponding site on the logic board. <<Do not do this: I pulled firmly, but gently and the connector finally reached.>> After the remaining reassembly, I powered up my iPhone and was very pleased to the the happy chrome apple appear. When the unlock screen appeared, however, the slider would not slide.

I took the whole phone apart again and discovered that the digitizer flex cable had sheared at the point where it makes a 90-degree bend--this point had hung up on the pass-through slot in the aluminum body of the phone.

Frustrating. There's a warning in the instructions about threading the flex cables, but I imagine this has happened to a lot of fixers.

I agree also , i have done the exact same thing to a t lol :D had to order a new screen then of we go again haha

by leane

I have done the EXACT same thing, but i will learn now lol

by ALevMedia Casper

The are a couple of possibilities here. 1) The touch screen is defective; 2) The connector is not fully seated; 3) The flex ribbon cable was torn or pinched during reassembly.

Which connector is related to the touch screen function?

My flex cable is A OK.

evertmolenaar will be eternally grateful.