Replacing logic board with new version?

I have a 13' mid 2010 version of the macbook pro. I was wondering if it would be possible to swap out the logic board of my 2010 macbook pro with the 13' early 2011 version. If you could provide a seller that would be awesome!

unfortunately no, you see its not just the logic board that was changed in the new 13", the camera is now an HD cam, and has a very specific port on the new logic board that your older camera cannot plug into. the way the bluetooth and airport card connect is entirely different too. the new macbook pro use an airport card and bluetooth card that are integrated into the sub-woofer, where as the old ones were located under the clutch cover and next to the webcam, respectively. your airport and bluetooth share the port of the webcam, where as the new logicboard dedicates a plug just for bluetooth and airport, and a plug just for the hd cam.

these would be the obstacles you would have to endure if you were to change your logic board, which means you would need to buy a whole brand new display case with the hd cam, a new sub/speaker system (right speaker changed slightly as well) with the new airport card, and a new bluetooth card.

it would probably cost you more to buy all these parts than to buy a new macbook.

+ experience is a great teacher

Yes, you can do it because I have done with 15inch Macbook Pro. I upgraded the logic board from 2010 to 2012 (not retina). I also changed the battery because the adapter is different. Before you do it, you had better to check the guide and compare the logic board pictures.

Done done it son. Worked like a dream too. Spent $300 on a 2009 logic board and ended up getting $150 out of my water damaged 2010 logic board. Took a $1200 paper weight and made it a workable MacBook Pro for my wife. I checked the pictures of the ifixit guides for both models and they were the exact same. Install was pretty painless and like I said I fixed my water damaged MacBook Pro 13 inch for about $150 which is crazy if you ask me.

I have the same problem i have 2009 they are selling me a 2010 can i use the new one?

Sadly no, there are different.

Its theoretically possible, but due to other factors such as new ram, new I/Os, different Operating System Build on MacBook Pro (10.6.7-2011 MBP specific version), it would be near impossible to successfully do the transplant!

I'm sure that if you send or take it to Apple at a store they will see you at the genius bar and tell what is what. i have a hunch that you should be able to take it in to them and get the logic board changed.

I am in the same situation as you. I want the processor changed but I found out that it is soldered in place so you have to change the logic board. Due to the fact that the new Macbook Pro has the same dimensions you should just be able to upgrade the logic board, for a price though. Might be around £400.

I know, drastic price but Apple as they are, are a very good brand with very good software and that is what you pay for when you get a Mac.

Hopefully this helped with the question about the logic board but I don't think there will be a seller that has logic boards.

No. The way to upgrade is to buy a new one and sell yours to recoup a good portion of the cost.

Is it possible to do the reverse of this? As in, install a logic board from a 2009 macbook pro in a macbook pro 2010? I have a water damaged 2010 13 inch pro, and found a good deal on logic boards for 2009 13 inch pros.

Sam will be eternally grateful.