Complete how to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.

Will small crack in glass cause the screen to stop responding?

I have a first generation iphone that was working fine except for the home button was broken. So I took it apart to fix the screen, which required removing the lcd/digitizer/glass assembly. As I was removing it, i accidentally put too much pressure on it and a little hairline crack appeared near the top of the screen. Now that its back together, the touch screen will not respond. I have checked all connections many times. Could this tiny crack cause the touch function to stop working?

tobyu, since you checked (hopefully double checked) all your connections and connectors and made sure that all your cables are seated properly, (sure?) and the only new damage is the crack, I would think that this may have fractured the digitizer. A new one should hopefully resolve your issue. Parts are available on numerous places including here Good Luck.

tobyu will be eternally grateful.