The dwell time on a Honeywell thermostat sets the times your home is occupied or unoccupied to heat and cool it more efficiently. Honeywell thermostats allow you to set a time for waking up, leaving, returning and sleeping, and adjusts the temperature accordingly.
- Find the "Schedule" button on your Honeywell thermostat. It may be abbreviated "Sched." Push the button, then push the "Edit" button.
- Press the "Wake" button to program the temperature you desire when you rise in the morning.
- Set the "Leave" time to reflect the time you leave the house every day.
- Use the "Return" time to tell your thermostat what you want the temperature to be when you return home every day.
- Adjust the "Sleep" time to conclude your day.
- Use the middle up and down arrows to adjust the time. Your Honeywell thermostat allows you to set the time of your choice in 15-minute intervals.
- Select "Done" when you're finished. The changes are saved automatically.
A setting below 55 risks freezing the pipes. Keep the doors under your sinks open. If I were going to be gone say for a month, I'd shut the water main off and open all the outlets and drain as much water out as I could.