Parts & Tools

Dell Inspiron N5010 Series laptop comes with either Intel Core i3 330M or Core i7 740QM processor and can have a GMA 4500MHD or ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 adapter.

NO power! NO led light, no fan running. NO nothing!

My dell insprion 15 5000 series has NO power!!! NO led light, no fan running. NO nothing! Adapter has a green light when plugged into working wall plug. Even purchased a new adapter. Same thing.

Could something be wrong with

battery? How do I know? I've tried some of the "fixes" shown online for Dell laptops except taking the back off & moving any of the components. I've had this laptop since fall of 2015. Less than a yr after purchase I had to send it back to Dell for repairs. This unit probably has less than 10 hours of use. I've been so disappointed. Have had people call me & tried to hold my laptop hostage. I've gotten many messages that it will stop functioning if I didn't do what I was told. I've purchased several programs to keep my laptop from all sorts of viruses, etc. Don't know what is harmful or not.

I just want thus thing to work properly without all this hassle!!

Can anyone help get this fixed???

granmommie

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

It sounds like you might have gotten something dangerous. I would contact dell again and see if they can do repairs. Its only 2 or 3 years old so it should be covered by warrenty.

Change your CMOS battery. If the CMOS battery is dead, it can make the computer appear to be dead.

Changing the CMOS battery may not fix the problem; but it is something easy and inexpensive that you can try.

This is not always the case. In most cases it simply will just just reset all values in the BIOS to default.

I had a computer in which the motherboard appeared to be dead. I tested and tried everything, but no luck; I was about to order another motherboard when I figured I would replace the CMOS battery. After doing that, the motherboard came to life!

You are correct, it isn't always the case. But it is something easy and inexpensive that the user can try. If changing the CMOS battery fixes the problem, she's good to go.

Angelyn Ellisor will be eternally grateful.