Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

3Gs black screen after digitizer change

Hi, I had a 3gs that I replaced the digitizer after breaks. Whith the old digitizer the screen works but when I change the digitizer I had a black screen, I can answer the phone with the headphones and I can also hear at my mmusic with it, It also rings and i can see it on my computer, I replace the digitizer and the lcd but the same thing. What could be damage?

This question was migrated from http://meta.ifixit.com/.

Thank you for this tip, I did it and solve my problem.

First thing I would do is a Hard Reset: Press and Hold both at the same time Top/Power Button and Home Button for about 20 seconds, keep holding and if it works the normal White Apple will show and it is fixed.

If not, then you may need to carefully open the iPhone up again and carefully seat (LCD) Cable #1 connector by pressing it to the Logic Board.

Before doing any of this make sure iPhone is OFF. To be certain iPhone is OFF move vibrate/mute switch, making sure it does not vibrate. Do not mess with the Cable #1 if the iPhone is possibly powered on.

Good luck,

Brad

Robert Velez will be eternally grateful.