The larger version of Samsung's flagship phone, the Galaxy S8+. Released in April 2017.

I cannt set up my secure folder unauthorized software was installed

I can not open my secure folder, S health and my knox. When I try it says anauthorized soft ware was installed,

Forgot my pin for my secret folder.

Installed my unauthorised software

I have this problem too

SecureFolder can not be set up because unauthoised softwarer

I have this problem too

Most Helpful Answer

Make sure you have the setting "Install applications from unknown sources" turned off. Samsung disables many security features when that setting is turned on. On the S8/S8+ this can be found in settings > lock screen and security > install unknown apps | then turn everything to not allowed.

The problem is these KNOX phones are finicky about what you install, nor is Samsung open about exact triggers. Go into download mode and check for the 0x1 (KNOX warranty void) bit as a quick check to see how much of a waste of time troubleshooting is. 0x1 means KNOX is never, ever going to work - along with related functions (Health, KNOX folders, probably Samsung Pay). The problem with their secrecy is if you installed something was installed that tripped the fuse since it messed with the OS, it’s a black box so you can’t figure it out and prevent it on others devices since it’s an eFuse. GENERALLY, these are the “common” 0x1 triggers:

• Custom ROM
  • OS downgrade
  • Bootloader replacement

If any of those were done, it’s an old trigger that was caught in a software update that was missed previously, sad to say. The problem is the status is spoofable in Android but not at the bootloader level.

A tripped KNOX flag doesn’t bother me because I do not care about the apps that get killed over the 0x1 trip, but it does affect WHO will buy your old phone if/when you sell. In addition, you won’t be able to trade it in through a carrier or many major resellers since it DOES matter to enterprise customers and they want to buy 0x0 (untampered) phones. The early KNOX phones (S4-S6/Note 2) was also easily triggered, but it didn’t matter since the S Health app wasn’t used for healthcare functions like it is now. For more people, it does cripple more of the phone beyond enterprise, so the resale damage is worse than it used to be. You also can't JTAG it back to 0x0 anymore - that hole was closed with the baked in KNOX phones, sadly. It was also possible to do a binary reset but that only worked on a subset of phones - the JTAG method was better at the time then the binary reset method. All of this because Samsung refuses to “lock out” the healthcare function, which is JUST AS DAMAGING as the full lockout since people who rely on it will still not want your “custom” phone - yes, they WILL check - or have someone who knows how to check.

Refer to this guide to get the phone into download mode. This link also has information on how to do it if the first link is not helpful. Once you know if it says Samsung Official or Custom, you at least know where you stand. If you see 0x0 and Samsung Official, your best bet is to clear the data from the apps that use KNOX, downgrade and disable and then run the updates again.

Please come forward and tell me why you downvoted this...

Charlie, I would also be interested in your reasoning. Just posting a down vote with no reasoning behind it helps no one.

My samsung secure folder couldn't creat persist problem but I can open S health and I have option to open secure folder but I can't what I can do in this problem plz hlp

If you want to fix s health app

U have to root ur andriod first and install root explorer apk from playstore

Open the app which you download form playstore and click on system...folder open it and you see in 3rd number build.prop click and hold it u see the 3 dots on right uper corner edit using text editor u have to change only the

Ro.config.tima=1 change it to

Ro.config.tima=0 and save it clicking in 3 dot

And restart your device...thanks..

After ur choice if you want to unroot then unroot your device....

Didn't worl for me , another solution please?

How do you elevate the permissions temporarily to do this? Do you do it from twrp?

If you're too lazy for a long process, uninstall your s health app, download a lower version of your s health app from an apk site (virus free), update it!

Why not install securefolder

Tofik will be eternally grateful.