How can I install mac os x 10.5

i have powerbook g4 12 1.33ghz and i have new hard drve how do i install new os to my powerbook ,,

Here is a link to Apples procedure for Intel powerbooks. Just substitute Leopard for Snow Leopard and you should be good to go. Make sure you partition and format before installing.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3910?viewl...

but my old hard drive is really broken so im installing from no where to start

... i will not gonna use disk uility coz i dont have my old hard drive

Make sure you have at least 512 MGs of RAM (look at the RAM in the slot) add that to the 256 MG that's built into the logic board to see if you have enough to install 10.5. If not you will only be able to install 10.4.

Boot up from your system installation disk by inserting the disk and holding down the "C" key, and hitting the start button. Go to the second page pull down menu to Utilities -> Disk Utility. Select the drive on the left and format the drive. Then quit Disk Utilities and continue with the system installation.

where is the start button ?

Just above the yellow box shown in this picture: PowerBook G4 Aluminum 12" 1-1.5 GHz Upper Case Replacement

thanks a lot

i tried to hold c then my screen goes white then the disc will eject then returning to the csreen poping out folder with ? mark

Tell me about the system disk you are trying to use, please.

If your unable to create a bootable Mac OS CD/DVD to restore Mac OS from the online image on your systems hard drive you may need to find a real Apple OS-X CD/DVD or bring your system to an Apple store for them to re-install the OS for you if they can.

After you get your systems HD running you may want to get a second external HD to make a backup for the next time you loose things.

We need Installations cd/dvd from MAC OS X 10.5 - wehr can we get it?

Mondstein2000@aol.com

Thank you

015772861494 please call or (030) 741 72 34 Sonja Reiländer (Nachbarschaftshilfe)

any one can plz tal me How can i instol my powerbook G4 OS again??

msaparamadu5@gmail.com

try actually reading my answer

i got a silver Powermac G4 computer minus the hard drive. I am using a IED 80 GB hard drive but i am having great difficulty installing Mac OS X onto computer. after i iinsert the disc i t stops with a message select a destination to install mac OS X? But i am unable to type or enter anything on the page. i can only push the back button. please help?

Your system has a PowerPC chip Vs Intel, as such only the older OS-X versions (Leopard or older) will work. I suspect you're trying to instal to new a version of OS-X on your system.

Review this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_...

john paolo abad will be eternally grateful.