Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Piece of plastic is broken off iPhone 3GS

A piece of plastic has broken off around the vibrate ring mute button. What type of glue/epoxy could I use to repair this?

Would JB weld work?

Also this is a precession task. I need to glue this piece back to the housing with out touching the button or having the glue drip into the phone.

thx in advance.

i'd buy a model making glue... you know like for aircraft kits etc(airfix/tamiya? in the uk). theyre safe on plastics and have needle fine nozzle for dispensing small amounts of glue.

No JB Weld does not adhere well to plastics. You are going to want a glue that is designed for plastics similar to what polytintop has suggested.

Jake will be eternally grateful.