Parts & Tools

A1706 / EMC 3071—Released in November 2016, this 13" Macbook Pro introduces the OLED Touch Bar. Features a dual-core "Skylake" Intel Core i5 CPU and four Thunderbolt 3 ports.

Dark bands showing on my MacBook screen

Hi.. dark bands started showing at the bottom of my macbook screen recently... is there any way to get rid of it??

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

This happens when it is only lighting up half of the backlight LEDs underneath the screen. Check the LCD connector is connected properly on both the logic board and to the screen PCB. Also check the backlight cable is connected properly (this is one of the two other cables connected to the screen PCB, the other being for the camera). Make sure there is no dust or corrosion around any of these connectors.

Check the logic board for liquid damage if this doesn't work. If you still have the same issue, it will likely be screen related.

Apple admits this is a factory defect issue and offers free repair and replacement. Check the following link pls!

https://support.apple.com/13-inch-macboo...

@reecee - This is the newer MBP with the dual ribbon cables down the middle.

There have been a lot of reports of this condition related to a defective cable. Apple has been replacing them under warranty.

I've had a few where disconnecting, cleaning then reconnecting the backlight cable has fixed this issue (under the green square in your picture). Didn't know this was covered under warranty; I'll point customers to Apple in future!

@danj do you have a link on this?

The ones I had brought to me were still under warranty so I just told them to go to the Apple Store. All three told me Apple took care of it for free and one told me the Genius had seen it a few times.

@danj Is it possible to unplug the right led cable (blue square on your picture) which may be mis-seated and fix the problem with stage effect ?

Sorry to say you're between a rock and a hard place here ;-{

Of the two systems I've had come in since I responded to this post before, I've not be able to fix this issue by reseating the connector. Both ended up needing a new screen. I was able to help my customer get it replaced under a warranty exception, the other had to pay for a new display (it was the older of the two systems.

Keep in mind you don't want to hand Apple cause in denial of service because you messed up. Best to just go to Apple and have them service your system keep your paperwork as I'm sure Apple will end up doing a extended warranty program for the all of the ribbon cable display issues in these systems.

Well, Apple did sendup doing a extended warranty program! It turns out the FlexGate issue was quite large. The ribbon cable was just a bit short so when at some angles the stress on the cable damaged it.

Your MacBook is looking quite good in quality and its color is unique. But these black bands are not looking good. You should consult with the company about this issue. They might give you a better solution. I have used proofreading service this is the best solution for students regarding article proofreading.

The MacBook is offering different books in the soft form on their official book store. You can download those books and read them anywhere even without having an internet connection. The entrepreneurhandbook.co.uk/the-role-of-m... is one of the role model for the students to be successful as entrepreneurs through online sources. Use the latest version of the Macbook to overcome these errors.

kaikai will be eternally grateful.