Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Is the iSlack an absolute necessity for phone work?

I have the nice iFixit tool kit that comes with one suction cup. Is having an iSlack essential, can work be done without it, and if yes. how much more difficult is it without it. My budget is very tight at the moment.

First, if you are repairing an iPhone 4S, an iSclack is not needed. The back glass/panel of the 4S slides of the device after you have removed the two pentalobe screws at the bottom of the iPhone. Second, for other devices that require being opened with more force, an iSclack is not necessary although it is going to make a repair much easier. Definitely, recommend it to make your repair go smoothly. If you don't feel like spending $25, use any suction cup. Of course, those require more force and could damage your device if your not careful, but they're inexpensive.

i have repaired thousands of iphones and ipads, and i have not once used a suction cup.

I thought the islack was a waste of money. It never really worked.. I do use a suction cup...but just a standard one..

Mark Hayward will be eternally grateful.