August 2017 model number A1763

Can't turn on Beats X

I've spent the last 3 hours trying different ways of fixing my Beats X and none of them have worked. I've tried resetting them, updating them with the Beats Updater, charging them for an hour straight, etc. and they just won't turn on. When I plug them in a white light appears on the power button but as soon as I unplug them it turns off and they don't turn on. Please help if you can

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

I had the same issue with my beats X six months ago and apple replaced them under warranty. Fast forward another six months to last week, same issue arised where the light comes on when charging but goes out when unplugged. I called apple and they said my beats X was 3 months out of warranty and asked for $90 to replace. It’s apparent that these headphones are poorly designed and apple being a trillion dollar company refuses to fix or acknowledge the defect in its product. My Apple TV 4th gen also stopped working out of the blue for no reason and apple refuse to help. With over 30 apple products in my home, I am very disappointed and I will not be buying anymore apple products.

Apple products suck now since Steve passed away. The new executives should go back to whatever it was they were doing previously. I hope their stock plummets deep into helll and they all dive off of the Golden Gate.

am having same issue. was you able to fix it?

Their gonners I’ve had the same issue when these earphones are exposed to humidity there done for. Buying some new ones.

I sent mine back to apple for repair/replace. These will be my 3rd set of beats since January I think it’s time for a recall instead of newly designed phones

I had a similar problem with the Beats X. They wouldn't turn on and had a light then the light stopped turning on and they stopped charging altogether. I immediately contacted Apple because I've dealt with several pairs of defective Beats, (I know, I should have stopped trying after like Solo 2 pair 4, but these looked promising) and I knew they'd just take them in and fix/replace them and I'd be good to go until they went out again, hopefully within warranty. Well I was wrong. I sent them in at the Apple Store and they were nice as usual, assuring me my beats would be fixed and should return in around 5-7 days. Well I get an email from support saying I'd have to pay to get the beats fixed because the mesh was punctured on one of the earphones which voided the warranty. Beats are made like crap and they couldn't even just fix them considering the issue had nothing to do with “punctured mesh" which they acknowledged. Perhaps I've finally learned not to waste time and money on a sub-par sounding, poorly made pair of fashion headphones.

I have the same issue here, I think the problem originated when I exposed them to humidity (not even excessive humidity though...)

Having the same trouble too...thought you people would be viving answers

Still having the same trouble...was hoping youzas have the solution.....s

I am just sending them into Apple... Will give an update if I have to pay for repair

I just ended up sending them to Apple and they replaced them for me. I still had my warranty so it was free. Not sure what the problem was so I'm sorry to say I can't give any information

Did any of yours flash the red and whit lights when you plugged them in I have tried everything and I mean everything that I have been told to do and seem to do and they are still screwed up I bought these brand new in December sooo joust wondering if someone can answer that would be great

Connected support. Mine is out of warranty by 4 months. Apple wants me to replace them for $80. It's a software issue as a factory reset get them working until they need recharging. Ugh. Poor support by Apple.

Mine have never been used and doing the same thing. Apparently everyone is producing cheap garbage these days and charging a fortune. It's sad that i still have my first ge boom box from 25 years ago that was 50 bucks and still works but i got not even 1 day out of a new 100 piece of crap. It's all about cutting cost on good quality products to make an extra buck. Beyond disappointed!!

I have the same power issues with my beat X, bought in May this year and now replaced twice. I would like to exchange to other product but Apple staff said there is no rule to do that. I guess I could have to trash it when it broken next time

Same issue, can’t seem to find a fix for the problem. Could someone recommend a similar product from a different company that would be reliable. I don’t care how much it cost.

Best bet might be Bose. I managed to get my Beats X repaired by Apple but I had my Solo 3's break recently and they won't do anything. So I gave up on them and switched to Bose. They have some in ear headphones similar to Beats X.

I was able to fix this issue on mine. My solution was to wash the effected button(s) with water, then dry them in front of a fan. This worked to resolve issues turning on, volume up/down and play/pause.

Jaedyn Lynn will be eternally grateful.