Parts & Tools

The Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016), an Android Smartphones released by Samsung Electronics in 2016.

Most of my text messages show (No Subject - Message size 1KB

Most of my incoming texts show:

Shows (No subject - message size 1KB - Expires 12:05 AM Apr 10)

When I tap on it, Failed to download - try again later and fails everytime I retry even though other texts appear.

Is this a common problem? How do I fix it?

Can anyone help me?

I'm using Virgin mobile Canada

Hi @avanteguarde ,

Would be interested in your take on this.

Perhaps only on texts from certain parties as this quote seems to indicate that some work OK?

"...even though other texts appear."

Cheers.

No, there are times that some of them come in ok and other times they don't.

I have the same proem, it happens when I join groupchats.

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Hi Paul,

Check the following 2 things:

a) Is Data enabled?

b)

Select Apps.

Select Settings.

Scroll to and select Mobile networks.

Select Access Point Names.

Select MORE.

Select Reset to default.

Select OK. Your phone will reset to default Internet and MMS settings. Network problems should be solved at this point. Remember to turn off your Wi-Fi before testing. ...

Select ADD.

c) add if it isn't there the new APN settings:

http://apn-settings.com/canada/virgin-mo...

Sounds like you're attempting to use MMS vs SMS, MMS may require additional settings. You may want to contact your carrier, if you haven't, and see if there are additional settings in the APN that were not properly configured. The other thing they should be able to do is manual reset your services on their end, we call it reprovisioning.

The link from @avanteguarde provides the APN settings, unless it was changed and they just never updated it.

Good Luck

Uninstall any 3rd party messaging apps you aren't using, such as Hangouts, Messages (different from the one that came with your phone), etc… Then clean your cache and storage, and reboot your phone. This worked for me!

I have had this problem pop up repeatedly (every month or two). I am not positive but I believe the problem is associated with using Facebook Messenger. Somehow FM either takes over for the phone’s original messaging solution or messes with the settings on which it relies. Many posts suggest the problem is associated with Hangouts app but I do not have that app installed on my phone, so it must be something else. So far, I have been able to solve the problem of No Subject texts by restarting my phone.

Paul Richard will be eternally grateful.