Unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone

Hi, I’ve just tried to replace my rear camera. When I put it all back together and turned it on, it says I’m unable to activate Touch ID on my iPhone. I’ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting the Touch ID at both connectors (one at the home button and the other by the digitiser connector). This hasn’t made a difference. The home button has never been replaced and the Touch ID was working up until now. Home button still functions. How would you go about fixing this problem?

You'll want to take a close look at the Home Button Flex cable that connects the Home Button, goes underneath the backlight shield and comes back out at the top of the screen. If the flex has a light tear or if the connector is damaged, it will impede the TouchID from functioning properly.

Unfortunately, if that's the problem, the only way to fix it is to replace the screen assembly.

I've tried changing the flex cable from the home button, but it still doesn't work. What should I do?

You have damaged the flex cable for the Touch ID sensor or have damaged the connector on the board. Replace the connector and tell us whether it works or not.

Replacing the screen worked fine and the Touch ID works again. Thank you for helping!

No problem,mate,glad to have helped!

Several Apple users offered their suggestion on Apple forums that turning the password off for Touch ID could have this issue fixed.  You could also restore your iPhone with iTunes. For more details and measures, you can check the article on '''Unable to Activate Touch ID on this iPhone''' Fix.

Alex will be eternally grateful.