Updated version of the original iPad 2, released in March of 2012 with a smaller die processor and updated internal construction. Repair will require the use of heat and careful prying.

Ipad hasn't been used in a couple of years and wont charge

I just bought a ipad off of my sister and she hasn't used it in years. When I plug it it, I'll get the charging battery with the red line, then it'll power on but wont continue to charge. I'm using a new Apple charging cable with a Samsung fast charge wall adapter.

My iPad is broken and hasn’t been powered on for years now. What should I do?

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

If it's been dead/off for years, the battery might have completely gone flat. That's why people say to charge it up to 50% so that it's not dead but also not full, and shut it down if you're not going to use it for a while.

You might need a new battery?

Okay I’ve got a note book table and my friend gave it to me and it hasn’t been changed our been used for 2years it’s bern on charging for a few days and over night and it’s hadn’t turned on what should I do

The same thing happened to me yesterday. I got my mom's ipad and she hasnt used it since 2016. It wouldnt turn on and i had to plug it in for 4 hours until it finally showed the apple. but it dies really quick at 1% I pluged it in overnight and it is at 100% and it works fine now. Try that

in the replacement of CMOS batteries, ipads now use the primary battery to maintain the device's internal power. likely, after not being on for so long, the battery has dropped below the required voltage threshold.

Plug your battery into a 5.5V Power supply to excite the battery for about 5-10 minutes (cheapest meathod) or replace the battery all together.

this should fix your issue

Okay so I have a update now. I left work with it turned on and when i got home i powered it on and now its fully charged but when powered on it wont charge. Still think a battery?

ive noticed the same thing with an Ipad i fixed a week ago. replacing the battery fixed the issue. now that doesnt mean that it is the battery in your case. however it does increase my suspicions of it being the battery. yes.

Jeremy Durante will be eternally grateful.