Complete disassembly and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.

Why can't I hear through my ear piece?

I dropped my phone and the screen cracked, but the ear piece speaker stopped working as well. I can only talk on the phone when i put it on speaker.

The earpiece speaker has two small prongs that sit on top of the connector. If you dropped you iphone and cracked the front glass, its very possible the earpiece speaker shifted a bit moving the prong connectors off of the contact. The second picture shows the prong connectors I'm referring to: iPhone 4 Earpiece Speaker

When you replace your front glass, make sure the earpiece prongs are in position to the contact before putting it back together.

jmullen1234 will be eternally grateful.