Parts & Tools

JBL Flip 4 portable speaker. IPX7 waterproof bluetooth dual driver speaker that won the CES Innovation Award 2017.

JBL FLIP 4 water damage and glue problem?

Hello!

I have submerged/tested my speaker in water at home (considering the certification). The JBL then got dried out but water under the power button was apparent in form of drops, which then also condensated and after about 24 disappeared. Is this normal behaviour for this speaker as it is IPX7 certified. Where might the water come from. I have only seen one video in You Tube where the same problem is regarded. (picture attached for my speaker)

Blue color is the norm whereas white is condensation.

I have a clue that it might leak from one of the passive radiators. Both of them seem to be poorly glued on the body of the spaker, BUT I have checked other speakers at the store, where I bought it and they too seemed to be rather poorly glued on, but maybe not as much as mine. Or it could just be condensation even though I don't think so.

The speaker still works fine. I had the opportunity to send it for "Repair", but this means that I will have to wait about a month for nothing, probably.

LCD iPhone Screen Fix Kits

The budget option, covered by our Lifetime Warranty.

Shop Kits

LCD iPhone Screen Fix Kits

Cut repair costs, not quality.

Shop Kits

Hey i have had this problem aswell along with some water getting into the aux and charging port section since day 1 when i bought and tested it. I took it back and they said that it is meant to be like that. Deffinetly not.. what did u need to do to get it fixed thanks

This is normal for the speaker to get moisture inside the Light indicators It’s not water damage

I got one and I haven’t added like water to test it out but should I or is it risky?

Hi I have the same problem and when I place my mouth in the charging port and sucked a whole bunch of water came of

Can some one help i put mine in a cup of water and it seemed to work then it started turning on and off

Same with me, did you manage to get a solution?

Same mine won't stop turning on and off or when I turn it off it will just turn on

Excuse me but where did u go and fix your jbl because my problem is that the water went in the charging area and the spraker did not worked anymore

Did you close the charge port properly

It’s nothing to get worried over I put my flip 4 in water then noticed this too water has not got in to the speaker the button is protected by a rubber piece that keeps the speaker waterproof and then a little bump where the power button is and there is a little space where water can get in but that is completely normal

My JBL flip is on Power loop after 10 seconds of water, the button is on the same way

yavor minchev will be eternally grateful.