Parts & Tools

Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

Why do I get occasional digitizer glitches after screen replacement?

Hi, I replaced an iphone 7 lcd 3 times now and it keeps getting this same issue. Only once every couple days, the digitizer starts going haywire and clicking random spots that i'm not touching, then it goes away. I read some other posts and thought maybe it was a static charge buildup? I put some electrical tape on the back of the LCD to try and insulate it. Also I read something about different brands of LCDs, like Toshiba, Sharp, and LG all having different prefixes for the serial numbers on the back. For example, Sharp's all start with DKH or C0N, and I noticed all the screens I used on this phone were DKH- numbers. I lost the original screen so I'm not sure what its serial numbers are, but I heard that crossing from one brand to another can sometimes mess with the digitizer calibration? I know that Apple uses a secret "black box" to recalibrate phones after maintenance, but I do not have that... Do you think these the calibration or static might be the source of the problem? I've replaced over 200 screens and never seen this before...

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Seeing as how all of the "electronics" to control the screen is within the display assembly, I would suspect you have a bad batch of screens. I would talk with your supplier about this and maybe try some different screens or if you're using aftermarket screens, try a higher grade of replacement screens.

viarengo1 will be eternally grateful.