iPhone iCloud activation lock with dead person

So basically I fix iPhones and customise them, my grandad had a friend that recently passed away who said that he could have his computer and gadgets as he knew that he was going to pass away with cancer. This was a common interest between the two of them and because my grandad had just upgraded to the X so had no use for it so he gave it to me knowing that I customize them, I customized it into a custom iPhone housing with a glowing logo Etc. But then I went to set it up and realised that it had an activation lock, I contacted Apple and they said I needed the original death certificate and the iCloud email address but my grandad does not have that as he used his gmail as his normal email so he doesn’t have his iCloud and this man had no partner or living relatives. I’m a 14 year year old boy who is hoping to sell the finished phone on eBay to buy my mum a birthday present and also buy her a train ticket to see her mum who’s in hospital. Please help as this is very important to me. Any answers are greatly appreciated.

As advised by @oldturkey03 there is no way to unlock the unit for a deceased person without proper documentation to present to Apple Support.

I strongly discourage 3rd party apps that claim they can unlock the unit from Apple, simply because its not possible. If you want to get it unlocked get the death certificate, and submit the emails (username) of that decease to Apple and just advise you're not entirely familiar which email was used for this device.

Most Helpful Answer

Angus Glassford no matter what the background of this might be, no matter how tragic and sad, Apple will not assist you without proper documentation. There is nothing else you can do. There are no hacks, no software no other options but Apple. So if they are saying no, you have a non-functioning 6S.

What about these 3rd party ones?

Angus take it to the FBI they know how to get into it and it only cost them $900,000. Maybe they will give you a discount. All the third party hacks a re scams.

by a quick skim through, seems you need proof of the death (death certificate) and they may unlock it

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/748...

As I explained in the full question there is no possible way I can get the death certificate because they have no living relatives and no way to get the death certificate.

who notified you of his death? who was with him when the death occurred?

I have iPhone 7 Plus iCloud Locked. And use IMEIUnlockSIM services to remove the icloud activation lock from my device. This can check here https://www.imeiunlocksim.com/unlock-pho... They removed the Lock for 4 days. Very god and fast service. I hope can help you they.

Angus Glassford will be eternally grateful.