Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

iPhone 6 pentalobe screws

I have replaced few iPhone 6 screen and I've noticed, those pentalobe screws don't attach tight everytime and sometimes they just keep spinning and don't get tight. What do I do wrong with them? I do get them off, but with tricks and not normal way.

Well what I experienced a lot of times is the following:

So sometimes when I screw them in the, display is not completely down so the screws don't get in the hole.

My advise is to apply light pressure on the screen under the home button and than try to screw them in.

Maybe this works, I hope so. If not let me know.

Most Helpful Answer

Try this liberation kit: iPhone 5/5s/6/6 Plus Liberation Kit

iPhone 5/5s/6/6 Plus Liberation Kit Image

Product

iPhone 5/5s/6/6 Plus Liberation Kit

$9.99

I have bigger iFixit kit. Does this offers something special to pentalobe problem?

@saltwater well YES! It replaces all the Pentalobe screws with Phillips screws.

They're very delicate screws and if you or anyone else overtightened them they will strip easily. You cold try putting a bit of extra Loctite (thread locker) on the threads. It's important to develop a delicate touch when dealing with all of these tiny screws.

Ok, I see. Does this mean that in such event screw itself breaks a bit and needs to be changed or does overtightening break the hole/thread itself?

Could be both, you will need to look closely at the screws to see if they are damaged and see if new ones grip well in the "holes".

Marko Himanka will be eternally grateful.