Gaming headset with around-ear headphones and removable omni-directional microphone. Shipped with Xbox One audio adapter and a micro USB update cable. Released 2014.

3.5mm jack replacement wiring COLORS?

My headset has no sound coming out of either speaker, im going to attempt to change the 3.5mm jack.

I have a green wire, red wire, twisted green/red with gold copper and just a golden wire.

What do each of these wires do and which wire goes to which part on the new jack??

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

The copper or gold is usually the ground

I have blue red and copper colour thin wires and a thick black.

Wikipedia suggests you're likely going to want to reattach it with the tip hooked to the left channel, the first ring hooked to the right channel, the second ring hooked to ground, and the sleeve hooked to the mic channel, as detailed here.

Yes thanks for that but i dont know whar colors do what??

Try taking a look at this, but use the twisted green/red as the ground and the gold as the mic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLZu7Dbm...

Do you put the twisted pair and the mic ground together? Because ive got 5wires and only 4 placed on the jack

Usually the mic is grounded on the cable already, so yes, that would be correct.

Ive done this and the mic still doesnt work. So what do you think to this?

Red + on RING 1

Green + on TIP

Speaker ground and mic ground on RING2

Mic + on SLEEVE

Because at the moment ive got

Green + on TIP

RED+ on RING1

Speaker Ground on RING2

Mic+ and ground on SLEEVE

and the mic doesnt work.

Thanks.

Most Helpful Answer

Red and Green twisted is the mic wire. You have to seperate the copper around it first because that is the ground wire for the mic. I have done the same with my XO4 Turtle Beach headset.

Red is Right side

Green is left

twisted Green/Red is mic

All copper is ground

so you’ve redone a turtle beach headset?

I've followed these instructions and it worked.

I have green, red, blue, copper?

This is the wiring scheme for the Turtle Beach Recon 70 Gaming Headset. I have rewired/soldered this connection twice. Use a lighter to burn away the little white fibers to separate the wires. These are the correct wire colors (the diagram below is labeled wrong):

Green - Left (Posn 1L)

Red - Right (Posn 2R)

Copper - Ground (Posn 3 GND)

The little white wire inside the red and green wire is the mic ground. Twist this ground together with the Copper - Ground (Posn 3 GND). Use the lighter to burn off the white insulation.

The red and green wire (which has the white wire inside it). Is the mic wire, Posn 4M on the diagram below.

This is tricky to solder. You cannot have any of the connects touching. Use heat shrink to prevent wires from rubbing on the inside of the jack casing.

Anthony's comments above are correct. Thanks Anothony!

Hi do you happen to know how the turtle beach headset wires connect to the red, green, white and black wires on a jack? I want to attach wire to wire instead of directly to the jack (I don’t have the equipment to solder)

I tried:

-Twisting the white mic ground to the copper ground and attaching them to the black wire

-red to red wire

-green to green wire

-red and green twisted wire to white

I get sound but the PS4 doesn’t read the mic. What am I doing wrong?

Follow these

Here you go!

All the wires (there are 5) are lacquer coated and need tinning prior to soldering.

The note on the diagram is important. You may think you only have 4 wires once you have stripped the insulation.

Thank you, however I believe you have gold & white swapped.. Laur Laur D 57's reply to anthoneys answer was extremely insightful, but I think was calling the GOLD insulated wire "copper" or "all copper". The plug broke on my Recon 70 PS4 headset. I got it third hand, from my homie that plays on PS, but I play on PC. I lack a four pin 3.5mm jack on my PC, so I'm patching the headset with two separate 3.5mm jacks, to accommodate for the separate mic jack on my front panel I/O.

Thanks folks trying this tomoz when plug arrives, wish me luck

I have red and blue wrapped in copper and a white wrapped in green. Does this mean copper wrapping is ground, white is mic, red is left and blue is right?

Red is probably right and blue is probably left.

Does anyone know the wiring onto the pcb in the headphone as my wires have been pulled off the board

[image|2171309]

photo of pcba.

Can’t quite make out the wire colours from the photo I can download, can you let me know the couture from left to right? I’ve got white, red, green, green&red, copper colours. It’s a recon 200 head set btw.

Don’t have the headphones anymore but still had this

I have a Turtle Beach Recon x50, and some of the instructions above were contradictory, misleading or vague, leading to me having to redo soldering, which wasn't fun, and is why I'm posting for clarity.

Disclaimer: Don't burn yourself!

I cut an existing 3.5mm jack from another headset. Just had to connect wires this way.

Preparation:

Step 1: Burn the enamel so you expose about 1cm of copper. Sanding the tips can help but it's delicate.

Step 2: Carefully separate the white fluff, and then cut or burn it off.

Step 3:

Tin the wires. (It's 1000 times easier to solder if you already have some solder adhered to the wire. Use flux to make the solder flow/wick better onto the wire. )

Wire Pinout:

Green Wire: Left channel (Tip)

Red Wire: Right channel (2nd ring)

Red/green twisted pair: Both tied together to GROUND (3rd ring)

White wire: mic channel (4th ring)

Tested and it works.

Hope this helps!

Alex ellam will be eternally grateful.