{A1706 / EMC 3071}—Released in June 2017, this 13" Macbook Pro features Kaby Lake processors up to 3.5 GHz Core i7 with Turbo Boost up to 4.0 GHz.

My touch bar got cracked and is no longer functional

My touch bar got cracked and the display is no longer functional, can someone give me an estimate how much would it cost to get the touch bar display replaced form the  store?

have you got a image, how did it become cracked ?

Most Helpful Answer

Replacing the touch bar requires a full topcase replacement, and Apple will replace the battery with it. Unfortunately it's pretty expensive. A full topcase assembly comes in (prices from the netherlands) at roughly 500 euros (€ 499,20 to be exact, excluding taxes, which brings it up to 600 euros in the netherlands). Add labour to that to get a full estimate, and you'll end up in the 700 euro range.

I would imagine it would be pretty expensive it would most likely be a top case replacement, and not only that I don't if apple will also change the logic board as they are married to the touch i.D sensor which is part of the touch bar.

Sorry, this is not true. The touch id sensor is a seperate part. It is possible to only replace the touchbar, but this is not for the faint of heart. A new touchbar comes at prices around $50, but to replace it is a nightmare.

Sorry, yes i know that, but I was explaining the outcome if he visited an apple store because that is what he asked for.

Saad Ahmad will be eternally grateful.