4-inch iPhone released in March 2016 with similar hardware specifications to the 6s. Available in Silver, Space Grey, Gold, or Rose Gold with 16/64 GB storage options. Model A1662 and A1723.

Can I replace an SE with a 5s screen?

I have once already replaced my SE with a 5s screen as I could not find any difference in the screen last time I replaced my phone screen.

I had to replace my screen again, when I as at the store AT&T to get a replacement screen immediately. The guy said there are glitches in the screen if you replace an iPhone se with a 5s screen. To my knowledge at the time, I didn't think this was right. I bought the screen anyway as I needed it. Now the screen is glitching. The best way to describe it is, the screen is gone fizzy every part of it works, touch and all.

Since the guy said there was no returns I wanted to see if he just gave me a bad screen or did what he warn me about is true. I couldn't find anywhere that the LED screen in different or problems occur with a 5s sceen on a SE. I know batteries are different and the fingerprint scan.

Any advice to tell me i'm an idiot for getting a 5s or should they work and he was just trying to offload a dodgy screen...

Thanks.

@reedcrosby04 what are you merging this with? can't see the one your merging it to.

I've worked on multiple 5s & SE models, and i havent found any difference between them as the screens are completely interchangeable. I have heard however that aftermarket/cheaper screens give problems when not put on their respective phones. As long as you get OEM screens or at least ones from a reputable source, everything should be fine.

Sounds like the guy at the store either gave you an aftermarket screen or a bad one in general. Try putting it on another 5s & see if the problems persist

I think it was an after market product.

Most Helpful Answer

You can't use an aftermarket 5S screen on an SE without display issues.

But you can use an original 5S, SE or aftermarket SE screen on an SE.

That must be the case.

Michael McNabola will be eternally grateful.