2

Yuval
83

If I will update my iPod to 4.3 it will stay JB?

If I will update my iPod touch 4th generation and he's jailbreak already, will it will stay jailbreak after I will update to the new firmware?

Thank you.

--Yuval

3

Majesty

Absolutely NOT!! Do not upgrade if u intend on keeping the jailbreak. There's an untethered jailbreak for 4.3 on it's way. Besides, I'd hold off till all your jailbreak Apps are also upgraded for 4.3 compatibility. This could take a couple of months till there is a stable untethered release and for all the jailbreak apps to update. So be patient; it's gonna take a while. Hold Off.

OK, thank you.

Yuval,

0

thisisgesun
37

You can upgrade it to 4.3.1 and get untethered jailbreak, but as of this moment, iTunes will provide you with 4.3.2, for older firmwares go to http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ and download an older firmware. And I would like someone to correct me if posting this website requires permission or not.

0

jason hurd
1

just letting you know, but felixbruns (although we all use it) is illegal and should not be talked about or discussed.

often their updates do nothing except make people not be able to jailbreak anymore. i currently own 2 ipods that are both running 3.1.3 because nothing 4+ gave me anything that i couldn't get off of cydia. if you are not experiencing any problems, do not update

0

akira2800
1

Please note that if you jailbreak any iOS devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad), the warranty will be null and void. Apple will refuse to repair any iOS device that has been jailbroken. Additionally, do this at your own risk, as jailbreaking will expose you to malware, which targets jailbroken devices. If something does go wrong during the jailbreaking process, Apple will refuse the repair it. Jailbreaking is considered tampering, and as such, the warranty will be void. Just keep these in mind if you want to attempt this risky procedure.

0

wesley
1

how i do it

how do you do what? please start your own question.

pollytintop,

0

J Welch
1

Just restore the phone before you take it in... I have had several jail broken devices fail and need a visit to the apple store. I backed up and then used find my iphone to blank/reset the phone. everytime they had no idea...