2.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz) with 3 MB shared L3 cache. Released February 13, 2013.

adjustment height screw type on trackpad?

I am trying to fix my trackpad not clicking anymore on a refurbished macbook pro 13" retina early 2013. I opened it up without any problem, but I can't seem to find the right screwdriver to unscrew the trackpad's height adjustment screw; a TR6 seem slightly too small and a TR7 too big. Do I need a special tool?

You can see the culprit in this picture, next to the thumb:

https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/ig...

I may be wrong but I believe its a t6 hex screw but ill have a go on a trackpad and see if I can find out for you

just tested definitely t6 hex maybe the screw was already chewed before you opened where was the device refurbished

So just to be sure, T6hex is the same as TR6 (torx security), there is no difference between a T6 and a TR6? Well i'll give it another try and see what happens then. Thanks Lewis.

apologies I meant torx and yes t6 or tr6 are the same here is the link to the screw driver

https://eustore.ifixit.com/en/Tools/Driv...

Well, after another try with my TR6 from the 64 bit driver kit, it seems that the screwhead has been stripped enough to prevent me from adjusting the trackpad. The macbook had the logic board replaced 3 years ago when still under apple care and I guess they messed the screw up when taking it apart somehow . Well, I'll try to get used to "tap to touch" for now I guess. Thanks again.

hmm thats odd the adjustment screw shouldn't be removed its a setting screw I believe the trackpads are quite cheap it might be worth just purchasing one.

Julien JACQUEMMOZ will be eternally grateful.