The second generation Rogue is a version of Nissan X-Trail and inspired by the Hi-Cross Concept to adapt to North American market.

Radio buttons on steering wheel not working

Radio buttons on steering wheel that allow you to change from one station to another work when car is simply turned on (engine not running), but don't work when engine is turned on. (Can't change from one preset station to another). Volume control works both ways and all other functions work just fine (touch screen, control knobs) in both situations. 2016 Nissan Rogue

Have you ever been able to change the station presets while engine is on? If not, then this is likely a factory option. If so, then it is possible that your steering switch is broken. You could try scanning for codes, just incase.

Yes, we could change the stations from the steering wheel. And the volume controls on the steering wheel still work. In fact only this one feature has stopped working. Called Nissan and will be taking the car in for repair. They had no other suggestions.

Thanks for your input.

Every time I turn left that shuts off my radio and my DVD what could this be

Dudden Jim - I would say this mostly likely a short in the wiring harness between your steering wheel and the head unit. I would check on crutchfield.com in the FAQ I believe they have a solution for this problem.

Dudden Jim - sounds like the clockspring behind the steering wheel could be bad. Any repair shop should be able to test and replace if necessary.

Check to see what is displaying in the center display on the dashboard between the tach and speedometer. The channel buttons will not work if you are displaying the settings page. Try changing it to MPG display.

Tom, you are amazing and right on. No one at Nissan could figure this out. Thanks so much.

That’s crazy but it worked on my 2016 Rogue! Thank you!

Thanx... My 2018 Nissan Sentra SV had the same problem. Very Helpful.

USB Flash Drive and Change Songs same thing. Changed Screen. Now it works.

My sourge bottom is not working on my 2012 altima .is it a fuse or something else ? Radio is working fine but not from steering wheel !! Thank you .

Bill Luftig will be eternally grateful.