Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

Touch ID works but home button doesn't after repair.

Exactly as it says. I replaced the screen, and now the home button "click" doesn't work. It displays a message saying "the home button might need repaired" and brings up assistive touch. However, the Touch ID works, so I don't think it has anything to do with the screen. I have completely reset the phone in DFU mode, no luck. Any advice would be appreciated.

There is an IC on the HB flex that is very fragile. It is called U10 or the Turtle IC. It is a micro-BGA IC and the solder balls can be damaged/cracked when removing or manipulating the HB flex. This IC is there specifically for the "click" functions. It can be replaced but this is a micro-soldering repair...on a flex cable to0...and is not a DIY repair.

Minho is most likely correct, and I believe the people at may be able to fix it. They specialize in those repairs, but its definitely not cheap.

It's a pretty standard repair, most experienced shops can do it, myself included.

Bayn will be eternally grateful.