"burned" Firewire Port, slow startup, logicboard?
first of all: I'm german, so my english is not that good... be patient.
I got an 15" MBP (LED; 2.4 Core2Duo)
Think i "burned" my firewire Ports by plugging in a Firewire800 Card reader the wrong way. The cable was plugged in the reader "overhead"!
What I've tried right now (in this order):
- PRAM reset (5 chimes)
- tok the battery out for one night and then pushed the Power button for 10 to 20 sec.
- hardware test standard
- hardware test detailed
- fomatting disk and new install of OSX 10.6.3
- restoring everything from time machine
- once more PRAM reset
- Profiler says it cant find any Firewire.
- same symptoms on each user
- Macbook needs about 10 min to start up. This is what confuses me the most. When it starts the grey screen with the aplle-logo and the rotating whell stays for about 2 Min. Then comes an light blue screnn for about 7 or 8 Min and then i see the logiin. When i type something while the light blue screen ist on, this will be recognized and ther are some dots in the loginwindow afterwards. Also there was sound of the welcome-thingy after the first restart after installing the new system with the light blue screen . Sound only, no display-output vor the first 10 min.
Any Ideas? Logicboard I think. Incl. grafic?
thx a lot,
Is this a good question?