Samsung smart device released in January 2016.

IMS service has stopped

I get this message when I turn on my smartphone, What does this mean and how can I fix it?

IMS stoppage only seems to affect Word and Exel programs. Cleared cache/partition and still get the message on boot.

See this thread

IMS Service has stopped

Tried this on my J3 didn't work. When I rebooted got the IMS service stopped message right away.

Happening on my Note8 also! Its constant, making the phone nearly unusable. Seems to be since some updates done automatically during the night. I dont see others complaining of this on other carriers though, seems to be a TMobile issue.

I have a Samsung j3 and it is saying this

Mine just started saying this like an hour ago I have a j3 prime also

It is happening to me as well and I have the Samsung J3 also.Did anyone find out what the problem is?

I had this problem and it's very frustrating it means your memory in your messages are full. but all you have to do is clear all old text msgs and the problem is fixed. Just did it and its back to normal I have a Samsung J7

Thanx Anil. They say to go the cheapest, easiest way first and in my case it worked on my Samsung Galaxy j3 2016.

This just happened to my note 8 and within a week it happened to my wife's. So the fix is actually pretty easy. But is annoying that you have to go to the TMobile store and get your sim card replaced. After it's replaced, power off your device and press the volume up, bixby button and power button at the same time. Once the blue screen appears (with Android) during bootup you can release all 3 buttons and wait. Once you get to your bios screen. Scroll down to clear cache with volume down button. Select it with the power button. (Warning be sure your selecting clear cache! Not resetting your device! They are right next to each other) After your given the option to reboot. Select that option and the evil message IMS Service has stopped should not come back! Hope this actually helps everyone save some time! (This is my experience from over 45 minutes on the phone with tier 2 tech support, 2 phone calls and a visit to the TMobile store. Also the tier 2 rep said they'd credit my account for the sim card. The employee at the store didn't charge me for it. Just FYI

I uninstalled the last app I downloaded, which for me was Instagram. I restarted in safe mode. It popped up once then not again. My messages started working again.

I just force stopped the IMS service on my Note 8. It's worked so far.

Eric Salter will be eternally grateful.