A1706 / EMC 3071—Released in November 2016, this 13" Macbook Pro introduces the OLED Touch Bar. Features a dual-core "Skylake" Intel Core i5 CPU and four Thunderbolt 3 ports.

lid open problem: could not open more than 90 degree

This wired problem just came since yesterday:

when I slowly open the lid, the screen light up and my macbook pro wakes up as usual. I can log in, do normal stuff. However, if I continue to open the lid and by pass 90 degree, the screen turned to black, while the rest (keyboard, touchbar) is still working and I'm sure that the mac is not sleeping. Just the screen went off.

Anyone have any clue on how to diagnose the problem/resolve it?

MANTA DRIVER KIT
112 bit driver kit $59.99
MANTA DRIVER KIT
112 bit driver kit $59.99

Most Helpful Answer

Best to bring this into an Apple Store as there is a known issue with the ribbon cables on some early units (defect). In addition the keyboard keys have issues. Apple should either repair or replace the system under extended warranty.

Thanks Dan, I'll go and check with the Apple Store for that.

Has it worked?

I've have two come in with bad cables Apple repaired both for free!

Good to hear! Only thing is, my 2016 Macbook is just out of the year warranty, do you know if they still fix it?

Yep! You may need to push a bit (move up the food chain)

Liu Kai will be eternally grateful.