Released September 22, 2017. Model A1864, A1897. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / gold, silver, and space gray.

Mistakenly pushed in rear microphone grille

I mistakenly pushed in the rear microphone grille on my 8 Plus. The mic still works, but I’m concerned if it’s still water resistant or not. There aren’t any pictures showing how the seals are attached to the rear glass, so I can’t judge for myself if water will get to the rest of the phone through this hole.

Does water actually pass through this microphone grille normally?

The fact that you opened up your device negates any water resistance, even if you apply the adhesive between the screen assembly and frame. Remember that Apple seals the device under ideal factory conditions and still only certifies it for IP67 (water resistance). Anything you do outside of the ideal conditions would not be able to maintain IP67 levels of resistance.

So i wouldn't worry about the grille in that context.

Thanks a lot. I decided to send it in, as the microphone actually stopped working to some extent.

Rushil Kisoon will be eternally grateful.