iPod 8g 1st-gen got covered in grape juice, wont power up.

my ipod 1st-gen 8g got covered in grape juice, so pretty much its like it got drenched in water. the device wont even power up. sounds like to me the battery shorted out, what do you think would most likely be the problem?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment
Spread Fixmas Cheer
Get $12 off your purchase of $50 or more with code FIXMAS12
Spread Fixmas Cheer
Get $12 off your purchase of $50 or more with code FIXMAS12

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

It will require for you to disassemble and be cleaned thoroughly. I would clean everything but the display with isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush. Rinse it off well and definitely start with a new battery. There may be more repairs needed if the logic board got shortened out (was the iPod on when it got drenched?) But #1 priority will be to clean it since the sugar in your juice is going to give you some quick corrosion problems. Let us know how it is going or if you need any further help.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1


i cleaned it with the isopropyl alcohol. i ordered a battery for it. so now im just waiting on that. hopefully all goes well for me.


Sounds great, just make sure you got it cleaned good. Let us know what happens once you got a new battery. Good Luck.


Add a comment

Add your answer

paul will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 1

All Time: 858