The Dyson V8 Absolute can be identified by its model number: 214730-01. It’s a cord-free, hassle-free vacuum released in April 2016. The Dyson V8 Absolute comes with HEPA filtration and up to 40 minutes of the most powerful suction.

it only stays on for 10 seconds... and turns itself off. help?

its fully charges. stays on for 10 seconds and turns itself off.

I tried leaning the filter (a few times) and nothing...

help?

It worked! I’ve been trying to fix my hoover for months and this solution worked straight away! Thanks!!

Thank you so much. I replaced the battery. And the transformer. And it still would not run for more than 2 seconds. With your fix it started up right away! I was 2 minutes away from throwing the unit in the trash bin.

Why my Dyson vecum stop working after 5scents?

OMG it worked!! Zog you are a genius. How'd you come up with this?

Yep! Worked for me too — can't believe I've struggled on without my turbo for so long thinking it would cost me money (as usual!)

This is exactly what happens to mine. My fix takes 30 secs with no tools. Dyson go through 3 instructions then tell you a new battery is needed if nothing works. I find this strange as it works well for 10 secs and then complete cut out. But before you do this, my fix worked on mine 3 times now as the problem occurs every couple of months. Go to charging point unplug it from Mains. Reconnect and put dyson on charge point then press the trigger on the dyson for 15-20 secs. Nothing happens but when I take it off charging point Dyson is back to normal

Before you try my suggestion above! First the filter should not just be cleaned under a tap but take it apart and completely clean it out. Running it under the tap will not properly get all the gunk out that is stuck to the inside of the filter. This will no doubt be the root cause of the issue

Perfect!. Spot on Zog. Holding the trigger as you described for 12-20 sec did the trick. Thank you.

Spot on is right!! Worked perfectly - so glad I looked online for solutions.

Thank you Zog ,

It worked!

I have searched for weeks than asked the right question and got you.

This worked!

Dyson decided to sent me a new battery pack. Got it replaced and recommended 5 hours charging time prior putting it to use. Keep you posted with the outcome shortly.

Dyson V8 Absolute vacuum issue fixed. Item under warranty and the problem seems to go away after replacing new battery pack supplied by Dyson. Battery replacement procedure easily found on youtube.

I have a dyson 7, new battery from dyson, seems like it charged....but won't turn on. Did all the reset test, still nothing

Hey, I had the same problem (ran for 10 seconds then cut out and wouldn’t run on MAX power at all) and tried everything listed, which was good to do anyway but in the end I ordered a new battery off eBay and it was that!

Worked brilliant thank you

25 July 2020

Thank you, this hack worked just like it says on the tin, wonderful

Am i the only one that this trick that didnt work

Did not work for me either despite new battery

I removed the canister on mine and when I did, I saw it had picked up on object that caused a clog. Once removed, it worked perfectly.

I did a complete teardown and cleaning, yet the problem persisted. Then I noticed that the motorized floor brush was spinning intermittently, then the main unit would shut down. Seems that the motor separated from the worm gear. I replaced the motor unit-problem solved.

Thanks for the comment, mine is 100% clean and even without any extension it’s not working on high speed, I just realized that on low speed it’s working

Mine works fine on low. High stops after 15 seconds.

@Michelle Anderson how do you make it stay on high

Is the fix described in this thread supposed to be a permanent fix?

Here are the symptoms of my issue and it happens with a Dyson v7 and v8:

• vacuum cuts out within 1 minute of being fully charged
  • I put it back in the charger FOR ONE SECOND and don’t press the trigger or anything
  • The vacuum will now work normally until the battery is fully depleted (i.e another 8 or 9 minutes on max)

But the above symptoms happen every time I use it.

Have tried the upvoted solution suggested in this thread, but it seems no more permanent that simple sticking it back in the charger for a second (as in the steps I listed above)

Anyone else in my situation have any clues (I’ve cleaned the dysons inside out btw)

hey there, I just finished contacting Dyson support for this exact issue, and they basically just said replace the battery. If you're under warranty, it's free. I did not receive any actual information on what was going on, so I'm sorry I cannot offer insight on that, just their solution.

I also discovered the “charge for 1s” fix, but like you I have to do this *every time* I use the damned thing. Will probably try a battery replacement but I suspect the overheat sensor.

Same problem.. Haven't tried the 1 second fix yet. But I can tell you that the first thing I did when this started was buy a new battery on Amazon. NO EFFECT at all!

@Richard Rettig So are you just sticking it back into the dock for a second every time you use it? Even after the battery change?

I’ve not replaced the battery myself. I just sick it back on charge for 1-2s when it cuts out and then it runs until depleted. Tedious but workable :/

VX58 VAX stops after full charge 10 to 20 seconds clean our filters dirt dust thoroughly no obstructions

Fixed starts straight away no flashing red stays on green until normal recharge

Thanks for your info. I did as suggested…took off mains, then reconnected, pressed on for 15 seconds then took out charger and away it went for non stop 15 minutes. I am delighted. I was all set to order £65 battery.

Thanks for the fix, worked perfectly. Not impressed with Dyson anymore, all they want is to sell you a new battery. However, consumer law in the UK says that the retailer needs to sort this out, albeit via Dyson; the usual ‘batteries don’t last forever’ doesn’t wash!! I’ll see how long the machine carries on before another ‘fix’ is needed, but might pursue it through consumer law anyway, just for my own ‘enjoyment’. Thanks again for the ‘fix’

I had the same issue and a new battery from eBay fixed it. Also a higher capacity battery so it now lasts much longer also.

this fix didnt work for me, after many frustrating cleanings and trial and error I found it needed more restriction to stay running, I stuffed the rear filter (dyson v8 absolute) with some tissue and it works now. doesnt seem to be overheating at all.

Worked perfectly as described! I've nominated you for a Nobel Peace Prize! My mind is at peace now after all the frustration!

Another thing to try…when you put it back on the docking station, and the blue light does not come on - often it no longer fully “docks”; needs an extra downward push on the dock to force the docking maneuver.

Tried your fix, no luck. But I don’t think it is the battery either. Like someone else said, this sympton of running at normal power for 10-20 seconds then dying, is probably a faulty overtemperature sensor, so I don’t think I will waste my money on a new battery. Probably best to buy a new unit on sale.

annie coldbeck will be eternally grateful.